BCP Council will arrange for the independent examination of the Neighbourhood Plan. The Examiner is appointed by BCP Council but the person can only be appointed with the agreement of Highcliffe & Walkford Parish Council.
The arrangements for the examination will be decided by the Examiner in consultation with BCP Council and the Parish Council. The main purpose of the examination is to ensure that the Neighbourhood Plan:
- Meets European obligations (at the time of this text October 2019).
- Has regard to national planning policies.
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policies of the BCP Council Local Plan (under preparation October 2019).
- Is compatible with adjoining Neighbourhood Plans.
- Contributes to the achievement of sustainable development. It’s likely that the Examiner will wish to consider written representations (comments objecting to or supporting the Neighbourhood Plan).